JOB TITLE: Research Assistant - Transport
LEVEL: Temporary Staff
REPORTING TO: Director of Trade Development,
External Economic Relations and Transport
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Full time
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT: 11 months
FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director and Adviser of Trade Development, External Economic Relations and Transport, the incumbent will serve as Research Assistant to the Directorate in Transport matters providing general services.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the follow up of Directorate’s Projects in all project cycle stages;
- Assist in the preparation of meetings for the Directorate;
- Research on specific subjects related to the Directorate’s projects;
- Prepare content for posting on the website regarding the outcome of activities developed by the Directorate and the participation of the Directorate in meetings and missions;
- Assist in the preparation of documents and logistic involved for scheduled meetings of the Special Committees and Working Groups in the areas of Transport;
- Research and assist in the preparation of project proposals according to the guidelines of International Cooperation, donor agencies and ACS Project Concept Documents;
- Engage in translation of specific documents related to the Directorate;
- File electronic and hard-copies of documentation related to the projects in all Project cycle stages;
- Assist in the follow up to the Consultants hired for the execution of a project or projects in the areas of Transport;
- Follow up of all duties assigned by the Director and Advisor related to the areas of Transport;
- Assist in the follow up and updating of Transport Focal Points Database;
- Assist in the follow up and tracking of information related to the Directorate, to be uploaded in the ACS website;
- Participate in events, seminars, workshops and conferences when requested;
- Draft reports related to the Directorate when requested;
- Write articles related to the thematic areas of Transport.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor's) in fields related to Transportation, Research Methodologies, International Relations and/or any other relevant field.
- Experience :
b) researching data in Transportation or any other relevant field;
c) project management would be an asset; and/or
d) working in an international or inter-governmental organisation will be considered an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- English, French and Spanish are the official languages of the ACS. For the position advertised, the candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication
skills in two (2) of the official languages of the ACS. Fluency in one (1) of the official languages (other than the native language) is required. Supporting certificates of language proficiency must be attached. A working knowledge of a third language will most certainly be
considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Strong Interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to multi-task; and
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Monthly Remuneration: $10,141.67 Trinidadian Dollars (tax exempted).
• Group Health Insurance
Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position will include a Competency/based Interview, a Language Proficiency Assessment and a Research Assessment Exercise.
Candidates must present the following documents for consideration:
1. Full Curriculum vitae;
2. University degree certificate;
3. Language Proficiency certificates (not native tongue);
4. Names of three (3) referees and contact information.
Applicants must complete the Applicant Job Profile Summary Form included with the website vacancy. Failure to complete the Applicant Job Profile Summary Form will result in automatic rejection of the application. This form must be completed using either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Do not attempt to complete this document using any web browser.Applications must be addressed to:
Dr. June Soomer
Association of Caribbean States
5-7 Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair
PO Box 660, PORT OF SPAIN
And sent by email to: email@example.com
The details stated above outline the nature and level of the tasks normally assigned to this position. It does not constitute an exhaustive list of these tasks. Additional related duties may be assigned as necessary for the effective functioning of the Association.Only electronic applications will be acknowledged. All your submissions via email must
not exceed 5MB in size.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. These candidates will also receive notice of the final outcome of the selection process.