Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified nationals of Member States and Associate Member States to fill the following position at the Association of the Caribbean States.Job Title: Unit Assistant - Communications
Level: Temporary Staff
Reporting to: Communications Officer
Type of appointment: Full time
Duration of appointment: 11 months
FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the Communications Officer, the incumbent will serve as Assistant to the Communications Officer providing general services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the local media (printed press, radio and television) for materials relevant to the ACS. Materials are to be clipped and scanned to the relevant stakeholders;
- Design official ACS publications including Bulletins, Brochures and Magazines;
- Maintain and update database of contact information on the media, Foreign Affairs’ Communications Officers, Government Information Services and other relevant groups for Trinidad and Tobago and the ACS region;
- Render logistical assistance including the preparation of documents for all meetings, signing ceremonies, Official visits etc. under the purview of the Communications Unit;
- Conceptualize and design infographics and logos;
- Edit videos to promote the ACS and its work;
- Assist in the preparation of news releases related to ACS meetings, signing ceremonies and Official visits to the Secretariat;
- Draft letters, faxes, verbal notes, circular notes, emails, or any other documents, in the official languages of the ACS - Spanish, English and French (where applicable);
- Translate short documents;
- File electronic and hard-copies of documents related to the Unit;
- Copy and forward all correspondences to the general archives of the Secretariat;
- Dispatch correspondences via mail, courier, hand, fax and/or email when requested;
- Manage emails as required;
- Arrange appointments and manage the agenda of the Communications Officer in a timely and foresightful manner, providing confirmations, regrets, and reminders to all concerned;
- Prepare dossiers for the Communications Officer’s official missions, coordinating with other Directorates and officials as necessary;
- Prepare the Value Added Tax (VAT) and gas claims for the Communications Officer;
- Assist in the follow up of the Communications Officer’s medical claim submissions to
the Human Resource Unit;
- Assist the Communications Officer with personal matters which he/she requests, within the parameters of the organisation;
- Participate in events, seminars, workshops and conferences when requested;
- Assist with reception duties in order to relieve the Receptionist during scheduled breaks or in his /her absence from office;
- Perform any other general administrative duties assigned by the Communications Officer.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor's) in International Relations, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations and/or any other relevant field;
- Minimum of six months’ experience in providing administrative support services;
- Experience in using a range of social media channels within a professional context;
- Experience using Adobe Design Suite (Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- It would be considered an asset for the candidate to possess international experience, either in an international organisation, inter-governmental organisation or by virtue of participation in international negotiations.
- English, French and Spanish are the official languages of the ACS. For the position advertised, the candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in two of the official languages of the ACS. Fluency in one of the official languages (other than the native tongue) is required. Supporting certificates of language proficiency must be attached. A working knowledge of a third language will most certainly be considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- Strong Interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work independently.
• Monthly Remuneration: $7,720.44 Trinidadian Dollars (tax exempted)
• Group Health Insurance
Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position will include a Competency- based Interview, a Language Proficiency Assessment and an Assessment Exercise.
Candidates must present the following documents for consideration:
1. Full Curriculum vitae, stating nationality;
2. University degree certificate;
3. Language Proficiency certificates (not native tongue);
4. Names of three referees and contact information.
5. Mini Portfolio of completed graphic design/video editing work
Applicants must complete the Applicant Job Profile Summary Form included with the website vacancy. Failure to complete the Applicant Job Profile Summary Form will result in automatic rejection of the application.Applications must be addressed to:
Dr. June Soomer
Association of Caribbean States
5-7 Sweet Briar Road, St. Clair
PO Box 660, PORT OF SPAIN
And sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The details stated above outline the nature and level of the tasks normally assigned to this position. It does not constitute an exhaustive list of these tasks. Additional related duties may be assigned as necessary for the effective functioning of the Association.Only emailed applications will be acknowledged.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. These candidates will also receive notice of the final outcome of the selection process.