Attorney General’s Chambers
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the post of Registrar, Registry of Companies within the Attorney General’s Chambers, Saint Lucia.
JOB TITLE: Registrar, Registry of Companies and
REPORTS TO: Attorney General and Permanent Secretary
SUPERVISES: All Staff
CLASSIFICATION: Grade 18
RELATIONSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the regulation of the Companies and Intellectual Property sector, general management and supervision of the Registry of Companies and Intellectual Property;
- Works under the direction of and reports to the Attorney General and the Permanent Secretary.
- Ensure regulation of the Companies and Intellectual Property sector in accordance with legislation;
- Ensure timely and efficient registration of Companies and Intellectual Property as appropriate;
- Conduct hearings, as appropriate;
- Develop a Work Programme for the Registry of Companies and Intellectual Property;
- Ensure the efficient functioning of the Registry of Companies and Intellectual Property;
- Prepare opinions and provide legal advice to the Government of Saint Lucia, through the Attorney General;
- Provide general supervision of the staff and Office;
- Assist with the preparation of the Attorney General’s Chambers contribution to the Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure;
- Develop a public awareness programme for the Registry;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Attorney General and the Permanent Secretary.
- Maintain a vehicle for the proper performance of duties;
- Office accommodation provided;
- Institutional support provided consistent with appropriate civil service regulations and departmental guidelines;
- Opportunities exist for personal development, career advancement and training;
- Salary is in accordance with Public Service guidelines;
- This post is non-pensionable.
Work performance will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- Timely completion of assignments and meeting task deadlines;
- Demonstration of sound administrative and supervisory capabilities and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Laws of Saint Lucia relating (in particular) to Companies and Intellectual Property; and Public Service Regulations;
- Effective implementation of duties, responsibilities and assignments as defined in the job description.
- A working knowledge of the structure of the Public Service and the Civil Service administrative policies, regulations and procedures; and the ability to apply civil service rules and regulations;
- Ability to plan and organize work and prepare clear and concise reports;
- Ability to mobilize staff in order to meet deadlines;
- Professional legal qualifications;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff;
- A sound knowledge of the Laws of Saint Lucia;
- Ability to analyse issues and recommend appropriate solutions
- Good interpersonal skills.
A Masters degree in Law majoring in Intellectual Property Law or Corporate Law plus a Legal Education Certificate with a minimum of three (3) years experience in a post at Grade 17.
A Masters degree in Law majoring in Intellectual Property Law or Corporate Law plus a Legal Education Certificate with a minimum of five (5) years experience in the legal field.
A Bachelors degree in Law along with a certificate or diploma in Intellectual Property Law or Corporate Law and a Legal Education Certificate, with a minimum of four (4) years experience
in a post at Grade 17.
Salary is in accordance with Public Service guidelines.
Applications, accompanied by two references and certified copies of documents pertaining to qualifications, should be addressed to:
Judicial and Legal Services Commission
2nd Floor, Heraldine Rock Building
P.O. Box 1093
Saint Lucia, W.I.
To reach him no later than Friday, 7th April 2017.
NB: Applications may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged. Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and experience may not be considered for an interview. Only the candidates with the best qualifications and experience will be shortlisted for interview.